Sunday, June 18, 2006

Long time...

...no type.

I am in the process of writing my second essay, which is due in tomorrow. I don't think I've ever cut it this thin, or been this busy. And whilst things are going on all round me and inside me, I seem to be finally getting my priorities right - and essays are not on top of that priority list, I've discovered!

Priorities are:

Time with God
friends and family
enjoying the day to day little gifts - a sunrise, a smile etc
and maybe essays...down the list of priorities
together with preparatory reading
and class attendance.

Don't get me wrong, I still do all these things (prep reading, class attendance etc) but really - there are more important things in life. And if the more important things in life take over, then so be it. After all, the most important things I learnt this first year in ordination training I haven't heard in the classroom, but in conversation with people, whilst sharing lifes, laughs and tears. I've grown a lot this past year, not in the least in learning that grades and 'making the grade' is really not as important as some might make it out!

2 Comments:

At 7:46 pm, Blogger Ciera said...

So that's where you've been! that's ok :) It's good to have priorities figured out!

 
At 2:51 am, Blogger Ash said...

I'm proud of you babe! And I love your list of priorities!

Love you loads,
Ashy x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home