Friday, January 14, 2005

A common theme

Well there seems to be a common theme developing here. Tomorrow morning I am teaching - yes you guessed it - Communion with God (or what I made of it). I was obliged to turn three days' worth of teaching into 45 minutes, including 10 minutes activation. Interesting challenge but I think I did it. Only it hardly bears any resemblance to our original teaching from CWG ministries anymore...

I am starting to think whether I really want a life like this - living on adrenalin from one day to the next due to impossible deadlines and teaching arrangements. And seeing that I am the type of person who doesn't work unless they are under pressure, things get done at the last minute. Usually done well but still, it brings with it a lot of pressure. All self-imposed of course.

Oh and Betsy - thanks very much for the list of suggestions on what to do in the next 20 months (everyone else see the last post's comments) but I think I turn down the largest Lego structure in the world....as well as patience, waiting and chilling. Wait - chilling wasn't in it. Never mind. Everyone else always tells me to chill. Wonder why?

2 Comments:

At 9:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise not to say the word ch*ll anymore! - well not too much anyway!

I've seen you teach this twice over now and both times God has really blessed your teaching. I believe He will bless you when you teach this again. Don't let the pressure of these deadlines get in the way of His spirit, and be open to Him as you teach. God has given you the gift to inspire people, to spread the fire of His spirit, and to help others walk close to Him.

I'll be praying hard for you tonight.

Paul

 
At 4:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well your teaching was great! I know you worked really hard at that and it was great to see that God blessed your efforts many times over.

Paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home