Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Excitement

Oh I'm excited!! I just booked my flight to Kansas City - flying with NorthWest Airlines, outbound on the 29th June, inbound on the 14th July. I'll be staying at the International House of Prayer with friends of a friend of mine who have very kindly and graciously offered me a place to stay with them.

I will be talking to some of their leadership and probably also some of their 'regulars' about the connection between Intercessory Prayer and Action (social action/outreach). This is my Contextual Theology Placement, which is part of my first year at St John's.

Really for me this is a bit of a jolly, but nonetheless, I am passionate about motivation for action coming out of 'dwelling in the Heart of God' and noone does it as well as the guys (and gals) at IHOP-KC. And it'll be fascinating to hear their insights and learn from them. From what I've seen so far, churches are either good at intercession/intimacy with God, but then they are inward looking; or they are very good at social action, but neglect intimacy with God. IHOP-KC seem to have found the right interplay between the two. I can't wait!! (well I know I'll have to...)

2 Comments:

At 3:09 am, Blogger Ash said...

Hey Kat,

That sounds so cool - I'm really excited for you! I'm a bit jealuous because I've never been to IHOP and have always wanted to go there one day amongst all the other really cool places I want to go to.

You'll have to let me know what it was like. Also - by the way - I wasn't at my computer when you tried to talk to me on msn - when I came back I saw your message but you had logged off so I wasn't avoiding you or anything :)

Love you loads,
Ash x

 
At 3:36 am, Blogger Ciera said...

AAAHHHHH!!!

I know a woman who is at IHOP-KC...she was there like six months or so, and is back for a short time...but she's supposed to be going back towards the end of June, and my bestest friend might be going out at the same time with her for like a week.........

I am SOOOOOO jealous of you all!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home