Sunday, July 02, 2006

Day 3

I got woken up this morning with a kiss. It was the most romantic thing that happened to me in a long time. I opened my eyes and found myself face to face with Onion. Sadly, it was only seven am, but I was most definitely awake. Some start to a Sunday!

I just had my first meeting which was very cool. What I find amazing, is that these people are so open and willing to share their hearts and lives with anyone. Judy and I chatted for about 45 minutes about her calling and the way she sees IHOP impact the Christian (and non-Christian) world.

Yesterday, I went to their one day 'Harp and Bowl' seminar, which talked about the values that IHOP is built on and the way they do their 24 hour model of praise and worship. What amazed me is that it's very doable - it's sustainable and practical, nearly pragmatic, with loads of space for God to work. I think they were talking about the interplay between liturgy (structure) and spontaneity (prophecy/the Spirit). Fascinating, especially coming from a 'liturgical' church situation.

3 Comments:

At 11:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You from liturigical background? at least the kiss was ok. maybe more to follow.

 
At 1:51 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Great to read that it's good there - we had a splendid time today at Kevin's ordination as priest, Lyndsey spoke very well, it was pretty liturgical but lively all the same.

 
At 12:40 am, Blogger Kat said...

not sure whether I would WANT more of those to follow. A bit hairy. And Onion has got bad breath...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home