Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Day 1 with dog

Well. This might prove to be an interesting two weeks. I moved into my friends' house yesterday to do the two week housesitting thing. The dog greeted me with enthusiasm. I managed to find everything I needed and life seemed good. Until I decided to go to bed. This is one biiiiig house. And it's scary. I left the dog in the kitchen (according to instructions given) and went upstairs to my room. The dog didn't like it. So she started scratching at the door. Loudly. And whining. I ignored her (hard hearted me!). Finally, she settled down, with the odd scratching every now and then, which woke me with a start again.

I also started flapping last night. I was lying in bed, and obviously should not have had the coffee, so I couldn't sleep. Then I started thinking - what if? What if the CofE doesn't want me? How am I going to survive til Friday? What am I going to do??? Once I settled down (finally) the dog scratched at the kitchen door again. And again. She finally settled at around midnight, or a little later. I fell asleep, then at 2.45, a wristwatch alarm went off somewhere in the vicinity of my room. I mean, WHO in their right mind sets their alarm to 2.45 am????

Then the dog woke up and decided it was day - at 6am. She is used to that because her crazy owners go for a run with her first thing in the morning. I was certainly NOT going for a run, but I felt pity for her and got up (!!!), showered, had breakfast and took her for a walk round Tilgate Park. Very nice, too even at that ungodly hour (I'm sure God wasn't up yet either - or busy in Australia...).

So by the time I got to work at a quarter to nine, I felt like I had already done about half a day's work.

So far, the hamster proved to be the least of the hassles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home