Thursday, July 20, 2006

Back in England

I got back to England on Saturday after travelling quite a few hours. I left Kansas City on Friday at 4 pm and got to Gatwick at 9 am Saturday morning. After breakfast with George, who picked me up from the airport (thanks George!) I drove back up to Nottingham. Which might have been a mistake, as I ended up having to stop about every 45 minutes in order not to fall asleep at the wheel.

I finally got back home at 3.30 in the afternoon or thereabouts and started the long fight for staying awake until a decent bedtime hour to beat the jet lag. At ten pm I took some sleeping pills and went to bed. I woke again at 3 pm the next afternoon! Might I have overdosed??

Since being back, I have tried and failed to beat this jet lag. I still can't sleep at night, but get tired during the day. But hey, that's going to be cured soon. I'm at New Wine North now, kinda working. Not much happening yet though. Hence this blog update. More later.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 pm, Blogger Ciera said...

You could have overdosed...or you could just have been tired.

The other night, I had off from work, and had had a rough day after not getting any sleep, and went to bed early at 11pm...woke up for about an hour in the middle of the night...then slept another 12 hours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home