Monday, August 29, 2005

Housesitter par excellence

I am getting good at this - maybe this is my calling in life? After housesitting for two weeks for one lot of friends, I am now housesitting for another lot of friends for the next two weeks. It's very nice to have my own space, but a bit tiring to be lugging my clothes around from one place to another. Also, in between all this I am chucking stuff out and packing boxes. Only another three weeks - in fact three weeks today I will have moved into my little flat in Peache Way! Wha-hey here's to my own space, after one and a half long years.

It's amazing how much you realise how you need your own space. This might sound like a pathetic excuse, but I even find it easier to pray when I know no-one can be potentially walking in or watching. And the prospect of having my own little flat, after so long of 'making do' - even though it was a lovely 'making do' with very generous people, and I couldn't have done what I did this past 18 months without them (thank you Audrey and George!) - so the prospect of my own little flat makes me nearly delirious with joy!

Funny how the little things can get amazingly rewarding - how our expectations shrink...I remember living in a five bedroomed house by a golf course with two cars on the drive and a couple of sunny getaways a year, and not finding anything about that amazing. And here I am, looking forward to taking possession of a one bedroom flat, and Christmas spent with my parents. Love it love it love it. Life is so much more exciting and tasty (if you can say that in connection with life...) when lived in an "attitude of gratitude"

And WHY is the 'g' in "gnome" silent??

2 Comments:

At 11:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kat! I housesitted too last week.

I can't wait to see how God blesses you these next few months!

Trish

 
At 9:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good comments. But, I do not agree with most of them. People sure have a lot of time on their hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home