Saturday, December 17, 2005

Fun Update

Well let's see how I've done in the fun department: I spent most of the day reading a trashy novel (not done that in ages - reading seems to be a goal-oriented activity these days), eating way too much chocolate, having two Birds Eye 100% beef burger patties for dinner, getting all the reading required for the Missions essay (Hudson Taylor) out of the library. I know I know but I couldn't resist it - at least I know now I have all the stuff here and I can write the essay if the spirit so moves me.

On my way to the library I encountered the fabulous Liz, who was up to her arms in Christmas decorations (and decorated quite liberally herself, with lots of glitter all over her), looking thoroughly fed up. So I made her stop and have a cup of tea with me in the common room.

I then read some more trashy novel, et some more chocolate, talked to a few lovely people on the phone and now am starting to consider going to bed - it's only 9.30 in the evening but that's the luxury of college holidays - there's nothing to do with hardly anyone around, and I can catch up on sleep.

Oh I also managed to spend some time with God - very important for budding vicars (some might not agree but hey). He's got a lot to say at the moment which is not a little disturbing for me so I'd value your prayers. Oh btw, just in case Mad Dog is reading this: yes, it's disturbing, but I know it's also good. It's frightening, but it's also blessing. It's unsettling but it's also reassuring and peace - bringing. Go figure.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Not Anne of Green Gables, that's not trashy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home