Tuesday, December 27, 2005

La de da

Not much to report.

Christmas was good but eventless. Too much food and too little Jesus. For my taste anyway. We had a nice time on Christmas Eve (the traditional German main celebration), exchanged a few gifts and ate some food and drank some wine. Very sedate and grown-up. I met with my bestest friend Nina yesterday and caught up with her and her kids and hubby, which was nice.

Tomorrow will be devoted to shopping. All the stuff I can't get in England, but want. Let's see:

  • Hard, dry-cured salami
  • Liquorice (or however you spell that)
  • A 'lead cast' set - this is a New Year's tradition in Germany, highly unsuitable for budding vicars: you melt lead in a teaspoon, pour it into cold water, and according to the shape it takes in the cold water, you can get predictions for the New Year. A bit of fun, but not taken seriously!!
  • My special brand mascara (well you can get it in England but it's cheaper here)
  • Underwear (Kaufhof beats M&S hands down!)
  • Chocolate!!

Back to England on Thursday - two essays await me! Hoo-rah...

1 Comments:

At 6:14 pm, Blogger Ciera said...

CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!


I know what you mean about too much food and too little Jesus. Sadly it was a very wide spread phenomenon I think. :'(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home