Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Steve's request

My placement supervisor requested an update on my placement on this blog...so here it is, Steve, just for you ;-)

I started at St Luke's on the 1st of September. This is my 'main' placement for my second year of training (and my only one, I believe), designed to give me insight into proper parish work.

Well what can I say? I love it. I'm loving every minute of it. I'm looking forward to the next day once the present one is over. It's totally me. Which is a relief, seeing that I'll be doing something like this for more or less the rest of my life, God willing. There is so much to it though - not to sound naive, but I don't think some of the implications of being a parish (whatever) priest - vicar - minister - pastor were quite clear before I took on this course of study. Just as well, I think, because if they had been, I wouldn't have done it, I don't think (does this qualify as a quadruple negative?). Basically, the buck stops here. Essentially. And you are the 'enthusiasm catalyst'. If your vision is lacking, the church dies. If you are unclear on your leadership, the church flounders. Pretty heavy stuff.

Enough for now - a few more thoughts in the next few days.

1 Comments:

At 4:27 am, Blogger Ash said...

Hey Kat,

You're doing a fab job! Keep up the good work babe!

Love ya,
Ash xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home