Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Home again

After a manic round of packing, driving to Nottingham, unpacking and painting, I am now (sort of) settled into my new abode. And the best of it is - this is going to be mine (ALL MINE) for the next three years.

Carolyn came up and helped me paint the living room. Well, actually, I think I helped her paint. She knew what she was doing, I didn't. I do now. She's a good teacher! So now three walls of my lounge/kitchen are a sort of soft cream colour, and the fourth wall is walnut brown. Very nice. And once I got matching curtains (currently they're dark blue...), and decided where to put the furniture, it'll be lovely.

Carolyn has been great - I couldn't have done it without her. She kept me going and helped me over the first shock of realising: I'm really doing this! I'm really here! Help!!!

Anyways - tonight is an early night, I'm shattered after two days of painting, and three days of shopping excursions (I have already located Ikea!) and lugging boxes and climbing up and down ladders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home