Sunday, September 11, 2005

Last things

Last things are always difficult. Last Communion service this Sunday. Last day at work on Tuesday. Last time homegroup on Tuesday evening. Last this last that.

But saying that, I also have a lot of firsts - I went up to Nottingham yesterday (Saturday) to take some boxes up and have a look at the flat. So - first look at the flat. First time of cleaning the kitchen (hmmm - is that worth recording?), first time of having tea at Liz's new house (let's hear it for Liz - she's my link student. She's fantastic!). First time of getting the number code on the doors wrong, and therefore first time of feeling like a lemon (well at St John's anyway - I felt like a lemon elsewhere before).

My flat is absolutely awesome. First of all it's MINE for three years. I might get bored with being in the same place for longer than 8 months, but I don't think so. Second it's ONLY mine - noone else to share with. My own little pad. I can paint it any way I like (any suggestions?), I can do anything I like in it (within reason) and I can shut the door from the inside if I so choose.

It's got a massive panorama window on one wall with a big window seat looking out on the grounds, weeping willows and fir trees etc, so I can see where I'll be spending most of my time sitting and reading...

Help! Only a week to go!!

1 Comments:

At 6:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chapters closing and new ones opening. Exciting, new term nerves, new friends and new challenges. But continuity too, the same God guiding you, unchanging and solid. Have fun, enjoy, and to God be the glory! P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home