Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Why am I still single?

Someone asked me this question a few days ago, and I was challenged to come up with an answer that goes beyond "because the right guy hasn't turned up yet". Here's what I came up with:

What God wants to do with my life has always been important to me. I would not want to compromise that for my own personal happiness (although of course it doesn't preclude being happy!) I guess if God's plan for me is a husband, I can trust him to find me one (whilst still pro-actively looking!). After all, it's His job - He's my Father.
Also I don't want to marry for the sake of it. Although I'd absolutely love love love to have a family, not at any cost! I've seen people around me marry because that's what you do. Well no thanks. If/when I marry, it'll be because I found the man God wants me to marry.

3 Comments:

At 6:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Kat!

 
At 2:49 am, Blogger Ash said...

Nice answer babe!

 
At 8:02 pm, Blogger Ciera said...

good answer. it encouraged me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home