Monday, October 02, 2006

A pig of a day

Have you ever had a day where more or less everything seems to conspire against you? Well today was that day. I had a lecture where I thought was none, therefore giving me the issue of when to take the car to the garage to be fixed. When I got to the garage, the hire car wasn't there to be picked up. So it took 2 hours instead of twenty minutes to fix that little issue.

Then I got back to college, having missed lunch, to sit in another meeting for an hour, stomach grumbling, finally got back to my flat in order to make a phone call to the sofa dispatch people who were due to deliver my new sofa tomorrow. Sadly the delivery time was the only three hour window I couldn't make, but they didn't want to know that. Apparently, that was the scheduled time, like it or lump it (actually, or wait another two weeks for a new delivery slot). Well I had to lump it as I'm sofa-less at the moment which is seriously impeding my social activities. So my lovely neighbour, Gill, is going to take charge tomorrow evening.

On the upside, I had the hottest curry I ever had tonight - cooked by Dominic, one of our mixed mode students from Bradford. Boy it was hot. But I hardly noticed it after the third glass of wine. Strange that! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home