Thursday, January 05, 2006

2005 Review

I've just been on Adele's blog and got inspired by her '2005' review. So I'm going to attempt to do the same thing (minus the witty and inspiring way Adele has of writing...)

Here we go...

January
Started blogging - a definite highlight!
Experienced my first (enforced) sung eucharist...and started appreciating that the Church of England encompasses everything from the wacky HTB to the more staid country church
Went to Warwick Castle for our company Christmas do - Kingmakers feast. Down with the Yorkists!
Some God revelation about motives and my heart - hard but good!

February
Got nearly blown up at church when connecting new cables to foldbacks
Got told by the Chichester DDO that selection conference and therefore college this year was a definite no-go
so all in all February sucked...

March
Busy with lots of insignificant things - realised that I needed to make time for God
Other than that, pretty eventless

April!
Spring Harvest
Met 'the Bish' (who shall remain nameless! ;) ) at Spring Harvest who decided to put me forward through his diocese

May
Met 'the Bish's' DDO
Went to Interview Day at St John's Nottingham - they offered place
Got date for selection conference

June
Some more God-kicking-Kat-up-her-backside
BBQ's galore - Steve and Judith do the best BBQs this side of heaven...
Home to Germany for my mum's birthday

July
More BBQs
Prep for Selection conference on 1st August
New Wine. Did I mention I hate camping??

August
Selection Conference!!
Got Accepted!!!
Started packing

September
THE highlight must have been moving to Nottingham - into my own flat, to be my home for the next three years.
Started college
Getting wireless in my flat (geek factor 10)
Learning how to paint (thank you Carolyn!!)

October
Settling into College - not really a highlight just a reality
Peanut the Pear got created and also laid to rest
Shared 30th Bday party in Crawley

November
My 30th Birthday - yay! Great party in College - thanks Ellie and Helen!!
My mum and dad visited

December
Great times with God
Great times with friends
Great times with family

Overall, I laughed and I cried this year, I questioned God and he proved faithful over and over again. I made fantastic friends (you know who you are!!) since starting college and I learnt heaps about myself and God. Roll on 2006!!!

3 Comments:

At 11:19 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds a pretty average sort of year. NOT!

 
At 3:15 am, Blogger Ash said...

God is just sooooo amazing! Just when you think that something is not going to happen, God turns round and it happens!

 
At 6:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home