Sunday, June 19, 2005

Hot Hot Hot Baby!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I know it's hard to believe, but it is 30 (that's three-oh) degrees here in the British Isles. Not that it stops anyone from moaning ("Gosh it's hot. Isn't it horrible? Much too hot for my liking").

It's lovely. I don't have to wear any shoes (I don't like shoes) and I can wear strappy tops. Wa-hey! Oh and I can have barbeques. We had a barbeque yesterday, I was invited (or rather I think I stayed too long and then ended up staying for the BBQ by default) at the fabulous Steve and Judith Rose's house for a barbeque. It was an Uber - BBQ. Lamb, rib, sausage, mushrooms, marrows, olives, bread, garlic butter, corn on the cob, wine, beer, etc. Oh and strawberries and cream and chocolate and caramel thingies for afters, with cheese after that.

It was disgraceful.

And then this afternoon, after church I had - you guessed it! - another BBQ. This time with Nikki and Hywel. It was slightly healthier (they belong to my healthy friends...) with chicken kebabs, tuna steaks, sausages, marshmallows, carrot cake (not all on the barby). Very nice too. Very civilised. White wine spritzer on a hot Sunday afternoon is sooooo British baby.

So anyways - a few more days in this country and then I'm going HOME (to Germany) for a week!! It's my mum's birthday on Thursday (everyone say "Happy Birthday Kat's mum!!") and I'm due some R&R.

3 Comments:

At 5:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first thought...You think 30 is warm?? BRRRRRRR baby and then I remembered your 30 is round about my 85 or 90. What a lovely weekend you've had! That's roughly where we are temp wise too. Blue skys, ever so slight a breeze- perfect BBQ weather!

 
At 5:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm Bar B Qs indeed. Some of us are trying to be healthy you know. No saturated fat or disgraceful amounts of cream and carbohydrates for me. Now where did I put that carrot I was munching - oh yes it's next to my beer.

 
At 5:04 am, Blogger Lee said...

Happy Birthday Kat's Mum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home