Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ye Olde Trip


Yesterday I went to the oldest pub in England - Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem. Curiously, it was just across the road from the oldest pub in Nottingham - go figure (check it out here: Ye Olde Trip)

This pub is half built into a rockface, which makes for interesting rooms inside - all hewn into the rock. Great. Ali and Steve have decided that it's their personal quest to make me like beer. Beer makes me want to throw up so we might have quite a long journey before I *like* beer. However, I don't mind going to pubs. Don't necessarily need to drink beer.

In other news, Peanut died the other day. He is resting in peace in the St John's bins. Bless his core. May he rot in peace.

College is on half term reading week (for me it's sleeping week) and it feels like a ghost town. Hardly anyone's around and the weather is miserable too. Roll on next week - I can't wait for *people* to come back! Do you think I'm an extrovert?

Update: we just lost the weekly pub quiz. 35 out of 60. Appalling. Truly appalling. Mainly because we gambled on the last question and lost 8 points because we got it wrong. I rest my case.

1 Comments:

At 5:52 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

It certainly looks like a nice pub. The letter Y in Ye Old ... is in place of the Old English letter 'thorn' which looked a bit like a Y but, as it did not exist in Latin, the early fonts did not contain it so the printers used Y instead. The letter thorn was pronounced 'th' so it is 'The Old ...'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home