Monday, January 23, 2006

Weekends

This weekend, I planned to have a long lie-in on Saturday, get up early on Sunday to prepare for my guests and the Sunday lunch (which involves furniture moving in my little flat). Instead, I woke up at 8 am on Saturday and couldn't get back to sleep for toffee, so I got up. I lounged around in my sloppy clothes and unwashed state til lunchtime, when I got startled by the door bell. It was Sue, wondering if we could pop to the pub for an hour as her hubby had taken the kids shopping and she was allowed out to play. Typical. The one day I am definitely not ready for polite company and what happens? Well, I set up a new world record: I was washed and decent in 7 minutes!!

So we went to the pub, had a nice chat etc, and then got back home. I then decided to do ALL my filing, and even did an hour's worth of Greek (yes - I know, I am fabulous!!). I also managed to read a trashy novel (Last Chance Saloon) and cook the dinner for my Sunday guests.

On Sunday, in contrast to Saturday, I overslept. I didn't wake up til 11 am, and panicked, as the aforementioned furniture moving still had to take place. So I showered etc, and got down to business. The sofa went along the wall, the extendable table came out and all was set up. Then Jenny, Dan, Steve and Ali came for lunch and much fun was had by all. Keith also popped in for a cup of tea, and I found out I can seat 6 at the amazing extendable table.

I then played (and lost) two games of pool, watched some telly and went back to the flat to retire for the night. Another weekend over!

4 Comments:

At 12:39 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I seem to remember that bounding out of bed at the crack of dawn wasn't one of your stong points!(Though you have many others.)

 
At 12:34 pm, Blogger Kat said...

No it wasn't - still isn't, sadly (chapel at 8 each morning!!!) I don't think will ever be either. :-)

 
At 3:38 pm, Blogger Ciera said...

I am not fond of early mornings either...it's a chore to drive bus sometimes.

oh, Kat...in case you haven't been back and read my answer to your comment.....I make my guy smile and he likes to make me blush, so I think we're doing pretty good so far.

 
At 3:48 am, Blogger Ash said...

Hi Kat,

Glad you are settling back into college life!

Love Ash :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home