Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Debrief

Well it wasn't that bad after all. I sat next to a lady in the morning service at the hospital who turned out to be on 'my' ward, so at least I had someone to talk to who didn't think I was totally bonkers for wandering onto a ward and chat to strangers. We chatted for a little while, the only interruption being her neighbour who interjected about halfway through "I don't like mash, me. I much prefer roast potatoes!". We had been talking about the bendy television sets that were connected to each bed...never mind.

Tomorrow I'm going to Glory for about three days (oh ok, or the 'Grace and Glory' conference in Tonbridge) and from there on to my sending church in Crawley (in case you don't know this yet guys - I'll be there on Sunday!!). Then back here late Sunday to dive back into Spirituality on Monday. Yes, we have a scheduled Spirituality slot every week. The last one was about finding God in the Eucharist.

This is dedicated to all you Calvinists out there:

"For this very familiar comparison penetrates into even the dullest minds: just as bread and wine sustain physical life, so are souls fed by Christ. We now understand the purpose of this mystical blessing, namely, to confirm for us the fact that the Lord's body was once for all so sacrificed for us that we may now feed upon it, and by feeding, feel in our selves the working of that unique sacrifice.
John Calvin, Institutes, Vol. 2, Chap. 17


3 Comments:

At 9:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin forward to seein' ya Kat!

 
At 12:46 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes it was really nice to see you, keep up the good work at Nottingham. (I guess that someone's got to read those worthy tomes.)

 
At 3:10 pm, Blogger Ash said...

Hi Kat,

Hope you enjoyed the grace and glory conference.

Love Ash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home