Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hmmm....

Wow how time flies. This is already a few weeks after my last post. Since then, I've been back to Crawley *again*, this last weekend. I'm on Half Term (reading week) as we speak, and I am actually doing work now! I've started reading for one of the essays I need to write (Pastoral Care) and am starting to worry about the other one (Ethics).

Other than that, life's been hiccuping along reasonably. I feel a bit tired and jaded at the moment. It was lovely to go back to St A's at the weekend, but I have to face the fact that I don't belong there anymore. It wasn't anything anyone said or did, they were all lovely. It was a simple fact of life. I've been away for 6 months now and it shows. People move on, but it's kindof painful. Facts of life?

Part of the reason I feel jaded is because I just put down a good book. I read "The Time Traveler's Wife", and whenever I come to the end of a good book for the first time, I feel bereft. I go through a mini grieving process for the characters etc. That never happens to me when I re-read books, only the first time I read them. So anyways, I finished it within two days - be warned if you plan on reading it, it's addictive! That's another part of the reason why I don't like reading books for the first time - everything else vanishes out of life until I finished that book. It's a bit like a drug. Hmmmm....that's a bit worrying really...only happens with novels....any thoughts?

1 Comments:

At 1:59 am, Blogger Ciera said...

Just that I read the same way. I find a good book and I'm zoned in on it. I know for myself, to some degree, it's an escape mechanism...thankfully it's a fairly harmless one [ok, so I don't get my dishes done like I should......]

Glad to see a post :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home