Friday, March 03, 2006

Hurrah it's Friday

Fridays are good days in my world at the moment. On Fridays, I have no lectures. Which is good, coming after Thursdays, which starts at 8 and finishes at 7 with hardly any breaks in between. And it's even worse when I'm on music rota to sing, as the practice is in the only gap there is in the day - 4-5.15. This was the case yesterday, so I had basically a whole day without any breaks whatsoever. Meaning I really need the 'easy' Friday.

So this Friday I decided to skip morning prayer at 8 and have a lie in. Sadly, when I went to bed last night, I was chatting to God and said "and anyway, if you want me to go, you'll make sure I wake up in time" RIGHT. Biiiiig mistake. For the first time in weeks I was wide awake at ten past seven. So much for a lie-in. I'll have one tomorrow (no morning prayer on Saturdays...).

Hospital placement is still going on. We are now on rota to lead the service and run a seminar afterwards. Our group's turn is next week Sunday. Efficient as we are, we already know what the sermon is going to be about (Zaccheus or however you spell him...) and the seminar is going to be on Healing (the supernatural kind, not the medical kind). How to pray for healing, when to pray for healing, healing and suffering, healing and death. Should be challenging.

4 Comments:

At 7:55 pm, Blogger Ciera said...

Zaccheus was a wee little man, and a wee little man was he...he climbed up in a sycamore tree, for the Lord he wanted to see...

ok, I'll quit singing now. At least here it sounds good.....lol

 
At 11:40 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Have you ever thought that it says in the bible that Zaccheus climbed into a tree to see Jesus because he was a small man - but it doesn't say that Zaccheus was small. Perhaps Jesus was small, Isaiah says that he won't be much to look at.

 
At 11:57 pm, Blogger Ciera said...

hmm...no I hadn't...thanks for provoking my thoughts!!!

 
At 12:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kat! Long time girl! Sounds like you are pretty busy. Take care. yes, I changed my blog AAAGAIN. I get bored then I change it. Ha. Some addy though.

Glad you hear that you are doing well!

God bless!

Trish in Hawaii

 

Post a Comment

<< Home